Career Sketchbook website is a business of Career Sketchbook Limited registered in United Kingdom.
Last updated: 07/11/2018
Please read this Terms of Service Agreement carefully. Your use of the Site (as defined below) constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to this Terms of Service Agreement.
This Terms of Service Agreement (the “Agreement”) is between you (“you“) and Career Sketchbook (“Career Sketchbook,” “we,” “us“) concerning your use of the Internet World Wide Web site currently located at Careersketchbook.com (together with any successor site(s) and all Services (as defined below), the “Site”).
- 1. Acceptance of Terms.
- By using the Site and accepting this Agreement, you represent and warrant to Career Sketchbook that you have the right, authority and capacity to agree to and abide by this Agreement. The Site is made available by Career Sketchbook Limited subject to this Agreement.
- We reserve the right to update or make changes to this Agreement from time to time at our sole discretion, which changes we may provide to you by any reasonable means, including without limitation, by posting the revised version of this Agreement on the Site.
- You can determine when this Agreement was last revised by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this Agreement. When using any Services (as defined below), you agree that you are subject to any additional posted guidelines, rules, terms and conditions applicable to such Services, which are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
- We reserve the right, at any time and from time to time, temporarily or permanently, in whole or in part, to: modify or discontinue the Site, with or without notice; charge fees in connection with the use of the Site; modify and/or waive any fees charged in connection with the Site; and/or offer opportunities to some or all users of the Site.
- You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site, in whole or in part, or of any Service, content, feature or product offered through the Site. Your continued use of the Site after such changes will indicate your acceptance of such changes.
- 2. Services.
- We provide users of the Site with access to certain specialized content and services related to professionals’ resumes, including without limitation, the creation of unique electronic dashboard profiles, resume and conversion functionality, forums, video clips, photographs, graphics, images, charts, text, data, user comments, postings, messages, articles and other similar content (such content and services, collectively, the “Services”). All content and services made available through the Site that were not made available as of the “LAST UPDATED” date above, shall automatically be deemed to be part of the Services when they are first made available through the Site.
- As part of the Services, we provide certain specialized services related to the creation of an electronic profile for each individual who registers for the Site and provides resume information and for individuals for whom a resume is provided to the Site. Such profiles include enhanced features determined by Career Sketchbook (each such electronic profile, together with all of other information, video or audio clips, photographs, graphics, images, charts, text, data, comments, postings messages, articles and other similar content posted by an individual, a “Career Sketchbook”). Career Sketchbook will not screen or review any of the profiles to determine suitability for employment, nor will it consider any of the individuals for employment with Career Sketchbook. Career Sketchbook does not act as an agent for any individual submitting his or her resume or dashboard profile through the Site or any company that may view an individual’s resume or profile through the Site, and nothing herein creates an employer-employee, agency or other relationship between Career Sketchbook and such individual.
- 3. Members and Visitors
- When you register and join the Career Sketchbook Service you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register for our Services, you may access certain features as a “Visitor”. If a user sends his or her profile to any recruiter or company then that recruiter or company can access certain features without registering (Like users’ electronic dashboard in a read only access and would be able to download CV)
- 4. Information Submitted Through the Site.
- 5. Registering your Account
- You will be required to register with Career Sketchbook in order to access certain Services or areas of the Site. With respect to such registration, we may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a user name (or email address) that is already being used by someone else; that may be construed as impersonating another person; that belongs to another person; that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person; that is offensive; or that we reject for any other reason in our sole discretion.
- Your user name and password are for your personal use only, and not for use by any other person, including other members of any organization for which you work or with which you are otherwise affiliated. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you may use to access the Site and agree not to transfer your password or user name or lend or otherwise transfer your use of or access to the Site, to any third party.
- You are fully responsible for all interaction with the Site that occurs in connection with your password or user name, including without limitation all Transactions. You agree to immediately notify Career Sketchbook of any unauthorized use of your password or user name or any other breach of security related to your account or the Site, and to ensure that you “log off”/exit from your account with the Site (if applicable) at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
- 6. Rules of Conduct.
- While using the Site you are required to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, we expect users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your use of the Site is conditioned on your compliance with the rules of conduct set forth in this section; any failure to comply may also result in termination of your access to the Site.
- The User is entitled to use the resources of the Website only for their own use. It is not allowed to use the resources and functions of the Website for commercial purposes or purposes that would violate the interests of the Service Provider.
- Any attempts to affect the continuity of the work of the Website are forbidden.
- Any criminal acts, in particular hacking, are forbidden.
- Any acts violating copyright are forbidden.
- Publishing false information using User Accounts is forbidden.
- Publishing information on third parties without their consent is forbidden.
- Publishing illegal content, in particular pornographic and violent content, as well as content contrary to established custom, is forbidden.
- 7. License
- For purposes of clarity, you retain ownership of any materials you submit through the Site. However, please note that we need certain rights to your Submissions to be able to make them available on the Site. As such, you grant to Career sketchbook and its designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid up, perpetual, irrevocable right and license, without compensation to you.
- 8. Monitoring and Responsibility
- You acknowledge and agree that
i. we reserve the right (but have no obligation) to evaluate each Submission before allowing it to be posted on the Site or any Forum; and
ii. we may do one or all of the following, at our sole discretion:
(i) monitor Submissions;
(ii) alter, remove, or refuse to post or allow to be posted any Submission; and/or
(iii) disclose any Submissions, and the circumstances surrounding their transmission, to any third party in order to operate the Site
- 9. Video Guidelines
By default, all the videos uploaded onto Career Sketchbook platform will be in private mode and Career Sketchbook will not be liable to you, or to any third party claiming through you relating to videos uploaded onto your profile (refer clause 16 – Liabilities):
a.Upload only videos you created yourself.
i. You must own or hold all necessary rights (copyrights, etc.) to your video.
ii. “So-and-so gave me permission” does not mean you created it.
iii. You can upload videos that you appear in.
b.You cannot upload certain types of content:
i. No rips of movies, music, television, or any other third party copyrighted material.
ii. No sexually explicit material or pornography.
iii. No videos that are hateful, harass others, violate someone's privacy, or include defamatory or discriminatory speech.
iv. No videos that depict or promote violent activity, extreme or real-life violence, self-harm, or cruelty toward animals
c. Violations of any Guidelines may lead to the removal of your videos and/or your Career Sketchbook account.
- 10. Payment methods
- If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Site, including any Services, (each such purchase, a “Transaction”), please note that we use a third-party payment service (the “Payment Service”), to collect payments for such Transactions. If you wish to make a Transaction, you will be directed to a web page hosted by the Payment Service (or its service providers) and not by Career sketchbook (the “Payment Service Page”).
- You acknowledge and agree that Career sketchbook is not, and will not be, responsible or liable for the Payment Service’s services, its site or any acts or omissions of the Payment Service. The Website allows the following payment methods:
- Bank transfer through PayPal payment system, supported by company PayPal (Europe) (in this case activation of a paid service occurs after the user completes the process of making an order on the Website and after the receipt of information about successful completion of the payment sent by the PayPal system);
- Descriptions and images of, and references to, products or services on the Site do not imply Career sketchbook’s endorsement of such products or services.
- After the receipt of information about successful completion of the payment made, the user obtains access to the option of generating CV and video feature for the amount of days specified in the selected Package from the date of the receipt of the payment.
- In case of purchase of a paid tool, the user agrees for the data related to the payment to be stored by the external providers of the Career sketchbook company.
- The Service Provider shall not be liable for the course and security of the transaction executed by the offered payments systems.
- 11. Career Sketchbook Proprietary Rights.
- The information and materials made available through the Site, including the Services, are and shall remain the property of Career Sketchbook and its licensors and suppliers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and laws. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, and solely for so long as you are permitted by Career Sketchbook to access and use the Site, you may download and view one (1) copy of any materials available on the Site to which we provide you access, on any single computer solely for your personal, non-commercial home use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices included on or with such materials. Except as expressly authorized herein or in advance by Career sketchbook in writing, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based (whether in whole or in part) on, all or any part of the Site or any materials made available through the Site.
- Career sketchbook and Dashboard, and their respective logos are trademarks and service marks of Career sketchbook. All other trademarks or registered trademarks on the Site belong to their respective owners. The trade names, trademarks and service marks owned by Career sketchbook, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any of Carer sketchbook trade names, trademarks or service marks without our express prior written consent.
- 12. Information on the Site and Forums
- Information made available on the Site or through a Forum (including on any Career Sketchbook) may be provided both by Career Sketchbook and by third-party visitors to the Site. Please note that Site visitors may post material or make statements on the Site or through a Forum (including on any Career Sketchbook) that are inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. Career Sketchbook neither endorses nor is responsible for any opinion, advice, information, material or statements provided on the Site or through a Forum (including on any Career Sketchbook) by third parties, and Career Sketchbook is not responsible for any information or materials made available through the Site or through a Forum (including on any Career Sketchbook) or results obtained by using any such information or materials. Under no circumstances will Career Sketchbook or its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, suppliers or members, be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information or materials. The opinions expressed on the Site or through a Forum (including on any Career Sketchbook) reflect solely the opinions of the individuals who submitted such opinions, and may not reflect the opinions of Career Sketchbook.
- In addition, Career Sketchbook has no control over, and shall have no liability for, any damages resulting from the use (including without limitation republication) or misuse by any third party of information that you voluntarily make public through any part of the Site or through a Forum (including on any Career Sketchbook).
- If you choose to make any of your personal information or identity publicly available through the site or forum you do so at your own risk.
- 13. Complaints
- The User may submit complaints to the Service Provider in connection with the use of the services rendered online by the Service Provider.
- The complaint should be submitted in an electronic form and sent to the email of the Service Provider. The complaint should include the User’s first name and last name, the email address indicated during the registration, and a description of the problem.
- The Service Provider shall immediately, but not later than within 14 (fourteen) working days consider the complaint and respond to the email address indicated in the complaint by the User.
- Please, note that differences in colour or look of a Dashboard, resulting from screen settings or the quality of the image displayed on it shall not constitute grounds for a complaint.
- Complaints related to the rendered services should be sent to email@example.com and entitled “Complaint.”
- A response to a complaint, after the complaint is considered by career sketchbook, shall be sent to the email address indicated by the User during registration
- 14. Links to other websites and resoures
- The Site may provide links to other web sites and online resources. Because Career Sketchbook has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Career Sketchbook is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and Career Sketchbook neither endorses nor is responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available through such sites or resources.
- Other web sites may provide links to the Site with or without our authorization. You acknowledge and agree that Career Sketchbook does not endorse such sites, and is not and shall not be responsible or liable for any links from those sites to the Site, any content, advertising, products or other materials available on or through such other sites, or any loss or damages incurred in connection therewith.
- 15. Warranties
- The site and any goods or services made available through the site are provided to you “as is” without any warranties of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory. you agree that you must evaluate, and that you bear all risks associated with, the use of the site, including without limitation, any reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any materials available through the site.
- 16. Liabilities
a. Career Sketchbook will not be liable to you, or to any third party claiming through you, for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind, under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, use, data, loss of other intangibles, loss of security of information you have provided in connection with your use of the site, or unauthorized interception of any such information by third parties, even if advised in advance of such damages or losses.
b. While we try to maintain the integrity and security of the Site and the servers from which the Site is operated, we do not guarantee that the Site will be or remain secure, complete or correct, or that access to the Site will be uninterrupted. The Site may include inaccuracies, errors and materials that violate or conflict with this Agreement. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Site. If you become aware of any unauthorized third-party alteration to the Site, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the material(s) at issue and the URL or location on the Site where such material(s) appear.
- 17. Withdrawal and termination
- This Agreement is effective until terminated.
- Career Sketchbook may terminate your access to or use of the Site, at any time and for any reason, including if Career Sketchbook believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with this Agreement. Upon any such termination, your right to use the Site will immediately cease.
- You agree that any termination of your access to or use of the Site may be affected without prior notice, and that Career Sketchbook may immediately deactivate or delete your password and user name, and all related information and files associated with it, and/or bar any further access to such information or files.
- You agree that Career Sketchbook shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site or to any such information or files, and shall not be required to make such information or files available to you after any such termination.
- 18. Regulations of law
- 19. Contact Us
- If you have any questions regarding the meaning of this Agreement, please direct such questions to email@example.com.
- The Career Sketchbook website reserves the right to modify the functionalities of the Website and to change the rules of operation, in particular cessation. As a result of such activity, the Users are not entitled to any claims against the company.